Farmhouse deriving from the complete renovation / reconstruction of an old mill in southern Umbria (Italy), in the historic village of Lugnano in Teverina. Property adjacent to the historic center of the village, private garden of 1000 square meters.
Roof and vertical walls ventilated and insulated by wood fibers panels
Ventilated and insulated floor
Radiant floor heating
Rainwater recovery system by two cisterns originally present in the garden and an old cistern in the house
Electrical system that avoids electromagnetical fields: star electrical network, electric circuit breaker, shielded cables (ever-functioning systems cables as in the kitchen)
The structural steel elements have been grounded by copper wire links.
Roof beams made by chestnut wood (Lazio region)
Flooring: “cotto” made in Viterbo, pure clay, cooked in a wood furnace
Interior walls, wooden structure, window frames and wooden doors are treated with natural impregnating and breathable natural painting.
Windows with double glasses
Cement made on site without toxic debris.
Private garden of 1000 square meters, partially on terraces supported by ancient dry-stone walls. In the garden: two ancient tanks to collect rain water; two warehouses.
Please view the .pdf attachment shown below for more detailed information.