It has a huge potential for ecoturism, educational center (the regular guided visits generate already a good income), as well as agriculture so it can generate income in many and diverse ways.
It is a well communicated and excellent location, between the beautiful natural pools of Bajamar (at 5min WALKING distance), and the Anaga Natural Park and stunning mountains (trekking path at 15min walking from the farm). The airport and university town of La Laguna are at 15min by car and bus stop only 30m from the back door. To give you an idea, you can see the location of the farm in red on the attached map and the natural pools in yellow.
The farm has already the following features:
– Over 1.000 native plants planted to create a wind-break.
– About 100 fruit trees/plants of all kinds, many subtropical species (guanábana, carambola, dragon fruit, canistel, banana, papaya, mango, sapotes blanco, mamey, níspero, figs, orange, lemon, passion fruit, longan, chirimoya, lúcuma, pitanga, lili pili, strawberry guava, macadamia, physalis, etc…).- 2 shipping containers as tools storage (many of the tools are included as a totally equipped farm).
– Great variety of medicinal and ornamental plants.
– Over 250 trucks of organic material have been brought and shredded to enhance the soil, as well as many piles of compost and lombricompost.
– Several veggie gardens in full production.
– Organic certification: the production can easily be sold even in the healthfood shop that is 3min walking from the entrance gate.
– Artistic outside hot shower.
– Artistic dry toilet.
– Solar System (700W panels, 2 batteries of 250A, and inverter that can work with up to 3KW)
– More than 1km of water pipes, dripping lines.
– Best water in Tenerife with only 240 of conductivity and ph7,4 (normally 400-2000 conductivity and ph 8-9 most of the island) for 0,56€/m3.
– 2 cute huts made of cane and palm leaves.
– Small stone house of 20m2 (new video) with hot shower, kitchen and dry toilet.
– Small wooden house of 18m2.
– Wooden platform (we used it for yoga) with pergola of 24m2.
– Pre-permit (viabilidad) for a 20m2 wooden house.
– Potential to get the permit to build 350m2 of agricultural buildings + 250m2 of buildings for complementary activities like education + 30-70m2 of legal house once the new planning of the City Hall comes out +more m2 of touristic buildings when presenting a serious project to the government of the Island (Cabildo) as the land is in “Preferential Reserved Area for Touristic Development”.
– The main road where the farm is accessed will be soon enlarged and upgraded,with nice pedestrian paths to access the neighboring villages,and replacement of the main gate for a even better one. That will increase even more the value of the property.
– Parking place inside the farm for 30 cars or several buses
The lowest registered temperature in the coldest night of the winter has been 13ºC although mostly it never get below 15ºC
In the Summer, temperatures go rarely over 30ºC and mostly stay around 25ºC.
Rainfall is between 300-500mm per year and we have some strong wind event in winter.
In winter time, many tourist and surfers are looking for accommodation in the area and even being able to see the waves from the land is a really big plus. We even already have a website that we would hand over: http://surfnyogacampingtenerife.tk. It is easy to already have 5-6 tent places and could be set up to 30 tents easily with some more infrastructures. 10-15€ per night per person. 10k/year now easy and with some more work 50k/year.
The organic production could be easily sold event to the health food shop that is at walking distance.
Seminars of all kinds ( permaculture, yoga, therapies, etc…) could be offered on the place itself.
We are now giving permaculture tours that has a huge success: https://abnb.me/uUdsD1ykmU for 35€/person. 5K/year minimum
Organic meals are also offered for 10€/person that could be offered for a higher price once the the environment is even nicer.
- Type: Business
- Parking : 30
- Bedrooms : 4
- Bathrooms : 1
- Building Size : 100
- Area Size : 10556 sq m
- Orientation : almost full sun exposure
- Living Rooms : ouside spaces
- Kitchens : 1
- Electricity - Solar Panels
- Organic Certification
- Outdoor Shower
- Self sufficient
- Vegetable Garden
- Water - irrigation